OUR BEST OF THE BEST TOUR OF ENGLAND
May 13-21, 2020 (9 nights)
Mary Valentine has been leading tours of England since 2007. For this tour, she’s picked the places most liked by previous participants and added some new ones as well. Our goal is to take you to places in England that you wouldn’t usually see on a tour. We keep our groups small (8- 10 people) and have dinner together each night, so you’re guaranteed interesting conversation as you get to know each other.
Here’s what is currently being planned. Items may be added or adjusted as we get closer to May.
You can expect to:
- Stay in 4 and 5-star hotels
- Attend a performance of Agatha Christie’s “Witness for the Prosecution” in a real courtroom
- Visit the new David Hockney exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery
- Enjoy tea and scones as we participate in a book discussion at Persephone Books (You’ll have been given the title with plenty of advance notice.)
- Dine at the Portrait Restaurant overlooking the lights of London
- Visit London’s Foundling Museum and hear the heartbreaking stories of abandoned children in Victorian times
- Tour Charles Dickens’ home in London
- Dine at internationally famous Ottolenghi’s restaurant
- Spend an afternoon exploring the colleges in Oxford
- Visit Agatha Christie’s stunning home on the “English Riviera”
- Explore English villages
- Experience a village circus. Dine after the show with the performers.
- Tour Prince Charles’ gardens at Highgrove
- Sample amazing food and learn about tea on a foodie tour in Bath, England
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at the Thermae Spa in Bath
- Be dazzled by the displays at the annual Chelsea Flower Show
- Learn about the history of fashion at Dame Zondra Rhodes’ Fashion and Textile Museum. (She designed for Freddie Mercury and Princess Diana.)